Whether you call it dressing or stuffing, this recipe is something special. Plus, it doesn’t require a lot of ingredients or cooking know-how.
This is a family recipe that you’ll pull out again and again.
Yiayia’s Rice Dressing: It’s Killer Good
- 8 tbs butter
- ¼ c. olive oil
- ½ c. chopped yellow onion
- 2 c. rice
- 1 c. chopped apple
- 1 c. peeled and chopped orange
- ½ c. almonds, slivered
- ⅓ c. pomegranate arils
- 2-3 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 c. chicken broth
- Melt olive oil and butter in large skillet. Add onion and saute until translucent.
- Stir in the rice and coat it with the butter/oil. Then add the chopped apple and orange. Continue sauteing.
- Add all seasonings, adjusting to taste.
- Pour in 1 c. chicken broth, cover the skillet and simmer. Check occasionally and add the 2nd cup of broth as needed.
- When rice is soft and liquid absorbed, turn off heat.
- Stir in almonds and pomegranate arils. Serve immediately.