We Care about Our Planet
An Earth day craft is not always easy to find, but recognizing Earth day is a good way to remind ourselves to care for our planet Earth.
My fourth graders were always so excited for Earth Day. They saw themselves as the future stewards of our planet, and took the responsibility of caring for the Earth seriously.
Though I always had to remind them of LOTS of things, recycling, saving energy, and protecting wildlife were things that they reminded me about.
I found this project on Pinterest. The original idea comes from the website I Can Teach My Child.
The end-product looks awesome hung on a window, with sunlight shining through; and its easy enough for anyone to try!
- coffee filters
- blue and green washable markers
- spray bottle of water
- black construction paper
- pencil, scissors, tape
- clear contact paper or other lamination method
- Color a coffee filter with green and blue washable markers. (You can show a picture of planet Earth to help, or not.)
- Place the colored filter on paper towel. Spritz lightly with water until colors begin to spread.
- Allow filter to dry completely.
- Laminate dried filters, or use clear contact paper to laminate.
- Trace hands onto black construction paper and cut out.
- Tape hands to coffee filter globe.
- Hang in a window so that the sun shines through!
Happy Earth Day 2018!
© 2018 auntjoannblog.com. All rights reserved. See Legalese tab for permissions.