Cucumber salad is a quick and easy way to use all of those cucumbers that are in your garden or share bag.
It came to my mind as I noticed pleas for help on social media:
“Help! What do I do with all of these cucumbers?!”
Refrigerator pickles are another great way to use cucumbers (recipe here).
The recipe calls for pear-infused vodka, but since I had citrus flavored at home, I used it with great results!
Some people don’t care for pickles, or cocktails, though.
This cucumber salad has a fresh taste and nice crunch. It’s a got enough spice to make it interesting, but kids still like it (though they might skip the onions!).
Fresh & Easy Cucumber Salad
- 4 cucumbers, small
- ½ red or sweet onion
- 2 tsp dill
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp packed brown sugar
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- Peel (if thicker skin), and slice cucumbers.
- Thinly slice the onion and add to bowl.
- Add lemon pepper, salt, and dill to bowl of vegetables. Toss to coat.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together vinegar and brown sugar. When sugar has dissolved, pour the mixture over the cucumbers.
- Refrigerate for several hours before serving.
? This post contains links (below) to an affiliate seller. Should you purchase from this seller, A.Joann may receive a small commission at no added cost to you. Thanks in advance – your support via this link helps defray website costs and keeps A.Joann a free web magazine.
© 2018 auntjoannblog.com. All rights reserved. See Legalese tab for permissions.