Zucchini fries is a misleading name for this oven-baked goody. You might think that nothing baked in the oven can be as crispy and tasty as something deep-fried, but wait until you try these.
Calling these veggies “fries” also makes them attractive to kids and means you may be able to get your little ones to give them a try.
Zucchini Fries Practice Makes Perfect
My dad has perfected this zucchini recipe and it has become a family favorite.
Our family has a lot of dietary restrictions and digestive issues. Somehow, Dad manages to make great food and accommodate everyone’s preferences.
One vegetable that just about all of us will eat is zucchini. And you know how abundant this summer squash is in season.
You’ll find the step-by-step instructions easy to follow. And to make this recipe even better, you can grate your own Parmesan.
Now it’s time to share Dad’s baked zucchini fries creation with the world.
Stan’s Baked Zucchini Fries
- 2 c. zucchini sticks (about 1 large zucchini)
- 4 tbsp. Parmesan cheese, grated, heaping freshly grated or store bought
- 4 tbsp. Panko breads crumbs, seasoned or unseasoned, heaping
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ tsp. thyme
- ¼ tsp. sage
- ¼ tsp. salt, kosher
- ¼ tsp. rosemary
- 5 sec. cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Cover a flat baking pan with foil and spray with cooking oil.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl, then pour mixture onto a large flat dinner plate.
- Beat two eggs thoroughly in a shallow bowl.
- Cut zucchini in half horizontally, then lengthwise, to make sticks.
- Continue to cut lengthwise until French fries size (removing any large seeds as you go).
- Dip zucchini sticks into beaten eggs.
- Then press the egg coated sticks into dry mixture of bread crumbs and seasonings.
- Place skin side down on oiled cookie sheet
- Bake in 500°F oven for approximately 8-10 minutes. Check after 5 minutes to see if fries are browned. Do not burn.
- Fries should be crispy and crackling when done.
Gluten-Free and Vegan Options
You can easily make these fries gluten free by using gluten-free Panko bread crumbs.
To make the recipe vegan, use olive oil spray in place of beaten eggs and omit the cheese.
More Zucchini Recipes
Looking for other ways to use zucchini? Try this linguine with bacon and zucchini recipe.
Copyright © 2022 ajoann.com. All rights reserved. See Legalese tab for permissions.