Water is the best of the summer drinks for re-hydrating. Sometimes, though, it just doesn’t hit the spot.
Cool Summer Drinks
When it’s hot and humid, and you’re working in the sun, you may want a little more than plain water. Here are some of our family favorites that will quench your thirst. An added bonus: they are easy to make, and they have a lot less sugar than store-bought choices.
Your Summer Drinks File: Sweet Tea
Light & Sweet Iced Tea
- 3-4 tea bags
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 8 cups water
- Heat 8 cups of water to boiling in a saucepan.
Turn off the heat and put 3-4 tea bags in the pot. Allow to steep for 15 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and discard. Stir in juice of 1/2 lemon and 1/3 cup sugar.
- Cool in the pot, then pour into a pitcher and refrigerate.Serve over ice.
Your Summer Drinks File: Lemonade
- 3 lemons, juiced
- 6 cups water
- ⅓ cup sugar
- Juice the lemons and put the juice into a half gallon pitcher.Add 1/3 cup sugar and 6 cups (1 1/2 quarts) water.Stir to dissolve sugar.
- Refrigerate.Serve over ice.
Your Summer Drinks File: Pomegranate Passion Fizz
Pomegranate Passion Fizz
- 2 passion fruit & hibiscus tea bags
- 2 cups water
- ⅔ cup 100% pomegranate juice
- ½ cup seltzer
- Brew 2 cups boiling water and 2 passion fruit and hibiscus tea bags in a teapot. Steep 15 minutes. Remove and discard tea bags.
- Allow tea to cool to room temperature, then refrigerate.
- When ready to serve, add ice to to two large glasses. Pour 1 c. cold tea into each glass. Add 1/3 c. pomegranate juice and 1/4. c. seltzer to each mug.
- Garnish with fruit slices, cherries, etc, if desired. Serve.
© 2018 auntjoannblog.com. All rights reserved. See Legalese tab for permissions.
Yes, and all those antioxidants ?
Pomegranate passion fizz sounds good and thirst quenching to me!