Looking for a delicious drink for that special party?
I am no mixologist, that’s for sure. When friends came over recently, I promised a bourbon cocktail hour. Having read a bunch of recipes that day, they all became jumbled in my mind.
Yet, somehow, I came up with what is very close to a Cointreau sidecar.
Adding fresh lemon juice to bourbon infuses your cocktail with vitamin C, and brings a bright note to the drink.
We really enjoyed the concoction, so I’ve written it down here. (as much for my benefit as for yours, friends!)
Sunny Bourbon Sidecar
- cocktail shaker
- 1 c ice cubes
- 1 oz bourbon
- ¾ oz Cointreau or another orange liqueur
- 1 T lemon juice, fresh
- 1 T simple syrup recipe below
- Add ice to cocktail shaker, then add other ingredients. Shake to mix.
- Let rest for a few seconds; shake again and strain into a cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a thin slice of lemon.
© 2017,2020 ajoann.com. All rights reserved. See Legalese tab for permissions.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- To make the simple syrup, mix 1 c. sugar and 1 c. water in a saucepan. Continue stirring over medium heat until the sugar totally dissolves and the mixture just begins to thicken a bit (it will just be reaching the boiling point). Cool.
Looking for more refreshing cocktail ideas? Try my cucumber-lime craft cocktail.
Comments are closed.