This mixed greens salad with honey-baked feta, radishes, and snap peas has a complexity of flavors that you’ll love.
We first experienced honey-baked feta when my son’s girlfriend came to visit.
They prepared us a wonderful vegetarian meal that included a version of this salad, and a creamy Parmesan risotto.
The radishes and snap peas add a freshness, while the honey-baked feta offers depth.
When you are ready to eat, just dress it with lime vinaigrette, or your favorite light vinaigrette. Perfect!
Mixed Greens Salad with Honey-baked Feta, Radishes, and Snow Peas
- 8 c. mixed green lettuces
- 8 oz. sugar snap peas, raw
- ½ c. radishes, sliced
- 8 oz. feta cheese
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. thyme leaves, fresh
Lime Vinaigrette Dressing
- 3 tbsp. lime juice, fresh
- ¼ c. champagne vinegar
- ½ c. canola oil, organic
- ¼ tsp. sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. black pepper
- Pre-heat broiler. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Crumble feta cheese onto baking sheet and spread out evenly.
- Drizzle honey over cheese.
- Strip thyme leaves from stems and sprinkle over cheese.
- Place cheese under broiler and broil until lightly golden-brown. Allow cheese to cool.
- Put cleaned salad greens in a large bowl. Slice radishes and halve pea pods, then add to salad.
- Place dressing ingredients in a jar with a tight lid.
- Just before serving salad, top with honey-baked feta and pour on vinaigrette. Toss well.
© 2018 auntjoannblog.com. All rights reserved. See Legalese tab for permissions.
It is really good- and the honey-baked feta is a great “dip” for pita bread, too!
That looks good!