The Honey Deuce is a simple but refreshing craft cocktail that you can enjoy even if you aren’t attending the US Open.
It’s perfect for these last days of summer as you soak in September’s gentle sunshine and sparkling blue skies.
The official Honey Deuce recipe directs you to use a melon baller to make honeydew melon balls (to look like tennis balls), but I kept it easy and just speared some honeydew chunks as my garnish.
A sprig of rosemary or mint would also work well.
I like to keep the lemonade a bit on the tart side, but you can adjust the amount of sugar or simple syrup to suit your taste. You can find my recipe for simple syrup here, and a less-sweet lemonade here.
- 6 oz. lemonade, fresh
- 3 oz. vodka
- 1 ½ oz. raspberry liquor
- 6 honeydew chunks or balls, frozen if desired
- 3 oz. fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 1 ½ oz. simple syrup (or 1 1/2 tbsp sugar)
- 3 oz. water
Make the Lemonade
- Squeeze the lemons and add simple syrup (or sugar) and water. Mix thoroughly.
Make the Honeydew Balls
- Cut a fresh, ripe honeydew onto chunks or use a melon baller to make melon balls. Use fresh or freeze if desired.
Make the Cocktail
- Fill 2 cocktail glasses with ice, and put a few ice cubes in the cocktail shaker.
- Measure and add vodka and raspberry liquor to the shaker.
- Add lemonade.
- Shake vigorously, then pour into cocktail glasses.
- Add a skewer of fresh or frozen honeydew melon cubes to each glass.
Copyright 2023 ajoann.com. All rights reserved. See Legalese page for permissions.