Cucumber salad is a quick and easy way to use all of those cucumbers that are in your garden or share bag.
It came to my mind as I noticed pleas for help on social media:
“Help! What do I do with all of these cucumbers?!”
Refrigerator pickles are another great way to use cucumbers (recipe here).
The recipe calls for pear-infused vodka, but since I had citrus flavored at home, I used it with great results!
Some people don’t care for pickles, or cocktails, though.
This cucumber salad has a fresh taste and nice crunch. It’s a got enough spice to make it interesting, but kids still like it (though they might skip the onions!).
You might think that apple cider vinegar would be too pungent, but it actually adds a bit of sweetness to compliment the brown sugar.
If you have fresh dill, use it for sure. It will just add to the crisp taste of this salad. I think what I like best about this recipe is that it is so quick and easy you can literally make it in the morning and it will taste fantastic when you,re ready for dinner.
Fresh & Easy Cucumber Salad
- 4 cucumbers, small
- ½ red or sweet onion
- 2 tsp dill
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp packed brown sugar
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- Peel (if thicker skin), and slice cucumbers.
- Thinly slice the onion and add to bowl.
- Add lemon pepper, salt, and dill to bowl of vegetables. Toss to coat.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together vinegar and brown sugar. When sugar has dissolved, pour the mixture over the cucumbers.
- Refrigerate for several hours before serving.
© 2018, 2022 ajoann.com. All rights reserved. See Legalese tab for permissions.