Every Wednesday, we’ll take a look back at a popular post from last year! Maybe you are new to A.Joann, or your memory needs a reboot. Join us to revisit our favorites.
I love fried foods, but hate frying. Mostly, because of the mess. Fried foods are not so healthy, either. So, last night, I decided to grill some eggplant slices and then prep them like a Parmesan casserole. It was amazing! Time to share.
Let the eggplant rest and absorb olive oil after grilling. It will be easier to assemble, and the flavor will shine.
When rest time is over, you’ll add the sauce, cheeses, and oregano.
For a meatless meal, add a green salad and crusty bread. Yum.
That’s it! So good, satisfying, meatless and gluten-free. Hooray!
Grilled Eggplant Parmesan, Gluten Free
- Spray oil
- 1 medium eggplant
- 4 tbsp Olive oil to drizzle
- 1 24 oz. jar marinara sauce
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella sliced
- ¾ c. grated Parmesan cheese
- Spray or coat the bottom of a baking dish with oil.
- Slice eggplant into coins, about 3/4 inch thick. Grill over medium heat, turning over occasionally to prevent scorching. This takes about 10 minutes.
- Remove the eggplant to the baking pan and drizzle evenly with olive oil. Allow the eggplant to sit and absorb the oil, about 15 minutes.
- Cover the eggplant slices with marinara sauce. Sprinkle half of the Parmesan over the sauce. Layer the mozzarella on top of the sauce, then finish with the remaining Parmesan. Liberally sprinkle with oregano.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-45 minutes, or until cheese begins to turn golden and bubble.
- Remove pan from oven and let cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
© 2017 auntjoannblog.com. All rights reserved. See Legalese tab for permissions.