Whether it’s for the kids, or a treat for YOU, banana nut bread is a comforting and delicious snack with a cup of coffee, tea, or milk.
This recipe is heavy on banana and lighter on sugar. That’s a good thing. Plus, it stores well and tastes just as good (or, better) the next day. One less thing to plan!
Jo's Banana Nut Bread
- 3 bananas, ripe
- ¾ c. soft butter
- ½ c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 c. flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¾ c. coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Mash bananas into mixing bowl. Beat in softened butter.
- Add in sugar, then eggs. Beat well.
- Sift together dry ingredients, then beat into batter.
- Stir nuts into batter, then pour batter into loaf pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Cool about 15 minutes, then remove from loaf pan and cool thoroughly before slicing.
© 2018 auntjoannblog.com. All rights reserved. See Legalese tab for permissions.
That’s a wonderful looking banana bread loaf! Love banana bread and appreciate the lower sugar version.