Those blueberry desserts are calling your name as the berries drip from the bushes! It’s been a great spring and summer for berries, with plenty of rain. Homegrown blueberries taste so much better, but even store-bought are fresh now, and can be used to make this easy dessert.
Crumbles can be made with any type of fresh fruit, but blueberry crumble is one of my favorites. I just try not to wear a white shirt when I’m indulging in this rich, warm dessert!
If berries aren’t in season, you can use canned pie filling and skip right to the directions for making the crumble.
Easy Blueberry Crumble
- 1 ½ pints blueberries
- 2 oz. lemon juice, fresh
- 6 T. sugar, divided
- 8 T. butter, divided
- 5 T. flour, divided
- ½ c. old-fashioned oats
- 3 c. vanilla ice cream
- Rinse and drain blueberries.
- Place in bottom of a small glass baking dish.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice, then 2 T. sugar and 1 T. flour.
- Dot with 2 T. butter.
- Mix together 4 T. flour, 4 T. sugar, ½ c. oats. Cut in 6 T. butter until large crumbs form.
- Cover blueberries with crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for 40-45 minutes or until blueberries are bubbling.
- Cool slightly. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Looking for more berry recipes? Try our angle food cake with lemon curd and raspberry sauce at your next barbeque.
© 2017, 2022 auntjoannblog.com. All rights reserved. See Legalese tab for permissions.