As a kid, I only would eat salad if it was dressed with my dad’s secret ingredient zesty salad dressing.
That’s because this dressing is light, allows the color of the vegetables shine through, yet adds the zip that raw vegetables need.
Dad’s Zesty Salad Dressing
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tsp sugar
- 10 tbsp vegetable oil, like Crisco
- 11 tbsp olive oil
- 10 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 6 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 10 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 11 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 splashes water
- Mix all ingredients and taste-test as you go, whisking all together in a 2 quart bowl or shaking in a sealed quart glass container.
- Store in refrigerator in a glass container.
Dad recommends tasting and adjusting as you go, because tastes may vary.
Looking for some great main dish salads? Try our Superfoods Salad.
Copyright 2023 ajoann.com. All rights reserved. See Legalese page for permissions.