When tomatoes and basil are bountiful, we eat a lot of Caprese salad.
It’s one of our favorite salads, but doesn’t translate well to a picnic on the sailboat, where sandwiches are the food choice for convenience.
Mayonnaise and luncheon meats get no votes from us, but grilled chicken breasts are perfect.
Necessity is the mother of invention, right? This recipe idea evolved as I thought about how to make Chicken Caprese portable.
Take along a small container of balsamic vinegar to drizzle over the Caprese Chicken sticks, for added pizzazz!
Chicken Caprese On-a-stick
- 1 ½ lbs. chicken breasts
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella pearls
- 48 fresh, whole basil leaves
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- ¼ c. balsamic vinegar, to drizzle
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- Season chicken breasts with garlic salt and lemon pepper. Grill over medium heat until cooked through. Remove from heat and cool.
- Cut chicken into 1 inch cubes.
- Thread skewers with a basil leaf, tomato, mozzarella pearl, and chicken cube. Repeat 3 times on each skewer.
- Serve Chicken Caprese skewers with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
© 2018 auntjoannblog.com. All rights reserved. See Legalese tab for permissions.